Automatic homepage for sourceforge, googlecode, etc.

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Aug 22 13:25:09 PDT 2009

On 2009-08-22 22:03 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2009, at 13:15, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> I'd suggest we do something akin to the extract options:
>> use_sourceforge or use_googlecode.
>
> That would be another option.... But perhaps another motivation to
> move the logic out of MacPorts base and into portgroups would be that
> it can be updated without requiring a new release of MacPorts base.

The use_* approach is possible, but actually I never liked that to be a
yes/no decision. I would rather like to see a "use_site sourceforge" or
"use_hosting sourceforge".

I am aware that it is currently different for fetch, just making up my
mind :-)

>> Are we able to use more than one PortGroup at a time (googlecode +
>> cmake)?
>
> Yes. The "PortGroup" command is really just an "include" command. You
> can include as many portgroups as you want/need.

The problem with PortGroups are that they are usually included at the
top, even before the name of the port is set. That means that you cannot
set homepage/master_sites/etc. at the time of inclusion and thus need
another command in the Portfile.

Rainer