Post on Snow Leopard status?

John Owens john_owens at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 10:05:06 PDT 2009

Millions of people will open an early Christmas present on
Friday with the Snow Leopard release and I haven't seen
anything recent on the macports user list that specifically
targets what users should do (or anything on the macports
home page). I'm watching dozens of checkins on a snowleopard
page that mark what works / what doesn't work (?) but I think
a lot of folks, me included, aren't sure what to expect when
we upgrade to 10.6. It'd be nice, perhaps on the home page, to
put a best-practices note (e.g. "your current install will
work fine, the big changes that affect you will be X and Y,
here's where to look to see if your favorite package is going
to work when recompiled", etc.).

(Sorry if I missed a post - I looked at all the post titles back
through the beginning of July.)

JDO