[56256] trunk/dports/science/xmedcon/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 25 15:32:30 PDT 2009

On Aug 25, 2009, at 16:46, James Kyle wrote:

> I was going with ticket #20103 rcommendations of gcc43 for tickets.
> Think it'd be better to just use gcc43 and add something like a gcc-
> apple variant?

I would either leave the variant called gcc43 and just not make it a
default variant
Or remove the gcc43 variant and make the port always build with
gcc43, if there is an advantage to doing so
Or remove the gcc43 variant and make the port always build with Apple
gcc

I still didn't understand what benefit is achieved by using gcc43
instead of Apple gcc for this port.