Batch replace for livecheck.type and svn.revision

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 31 10:04:58 PDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 11:26, David Evans wrote:

> What I would advocate would be to make an announcement that in <pick
> your grace period> Portfiles will be updated globally to use 1.8.0
> key words
> that are incompatible with 1.7.1 and that users need to update to
> 1.8.0
> before then to avoid problems.
>
> This is much more user friendly than just doing it and let them find
> out
> on their own (IMHO of course).

I agree a grace period would be most user-friendly. However people
have already started updating ports with license keys and other
MacPorts 1.7.1-incompatible changes. If we wanted there to be a grace
period, we should have said so before 1.8.0 was released.

Of course an announcement of the availability of MacPorts 1.8.0 was
already made; users are expected, upon reading that, to upgrade. If
users aren't on the mailing list, then they won't see an announcement
of a grace period either.