Can't access configure.env in portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 11 14:12:30 PST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 15:33, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2009-11-29 15:33 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> See, both before and after the configure phase, configure.env only
>> contains the "FOO=bar" variable I added. But what I actually want to
>> know about are the CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, etc. that MacPorts
>> sets automatically. Yes, I know we have separate variables
>> ${configure.cflags}, ${configure.cppflags}, ${configure.cxxflags},
>> etc. for most (all?) of those, but I'd rather not have to enumerate
>> over them myself since to my mind MacPorts should have already done
>> so for me somewhere.
>
> configure.env are only additional variables which will be merged into
> the environment for the configure phase.

Yes, but if you set (rather than append to) configure.env in a portfile, you overwrite the default environment. Therefore it was unexpected to me not to be able to see the default environment in configure.env when querying it. No matter; I've found another way.

> If you want to get better results for debugging use:
>  configure.cmd /usr/bin/env

My reasons for asking were not for debugging but for a reworking of the php5extension portgroup. I've found out what I was doing wrong though and will be able to commit my update soon.