Debugging symbols?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Dec 26 09:14:15 PST 2009

On 2009-12-24 16:51 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> I just use configure.optflags in src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl:
>
> -default configure.optflags  {-O2}
> +default configure.optflags  {-ggdb3 -O0}
>
> We should probably let the optflags be customizable via macports.conf, but this works fine for me.

We once had this discussion already and decided better not to support
too many custom flags as it makes debugging broken builds much more
complicated. We have enough problems supporting multiple Mac OS X
versions in my opinion. If we allow software to be compiled with flags
like -O3, -fomit-frame-pointer, etc. this could result in more bug
reports with broken build caused by those flags.

Rainer