Problems building KDE4

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Thu Feb 5 23:49:08 PST 2009

Hello,

I spent more than 30 hours tryine to compile KDE4. Of course, I did not
stay all this time in front of the computer.

Would it be possible to help me compiling KDE4. Illogical, KDE4
maintainer was not able to understand why compilation breaks. Connecting
on FreeNode, most KDE-MAC developers told me they were able to compile.

So would it be possible to help me find the tiny little thing that make
everything crash.

1. As I am connecting remotely to the MacOsX computer, how can I know
which version of MacOs. 10.4 or 10.5?
2. How can I verify that Apple gcc42 is installed. Where should it
reside.
3. Was anyone succesfull running this command in the past 7 days: sudo
port -v install kdesdk4.

Then we can go on and study further.
Kind regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré