Webserver ports

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Feb 12 08:19:07 PST 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 2:29 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I think our web server ports are a bit of a mess. We have apache,
> apache2, apache20 and lighttpd, that I know of. They each have their
> default htdocs and cgi-bin directories in different places:

One should ignore the apache20 port unless one explicitly needs that
version.  We needed it to support PPC Macs with Zend's binary Zend
Optimizer module.  Unless one has a binary third-party module that
requires Apache 2.0.x, people should really use the apache2 port.

Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
CTO, OrcaWare Technologies