port install targets

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Feb 15 15:12:23 PST 2009

Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> Should I make most of the PREFIX/xxx into ${prefix}/dbmail22/xxx?
>
> I seem to see a lot of that in macports.

PREFIX is a variable for whatever you pass to --prefix in configure. As
this is not known when you ran --help it is not replaced.

--prefix=${prefix} is the default for configure.pre_args, so that will
automatically be set when running the configure phase using MacPorts.
You should be aware that MacPorts also exports environment variables and
that running configure manually might result in different results than
with MacPorts.

> What about DATAROOTDIR?

The default value for DATAROOTDIR is PREFIX/share in configure itself.
As --prefix is given by MacPorts, this will be the correct value.

Rainer