MacPorts 1.7.1

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Wed Feb 18 10:06:17 PST 2009

Rainer Müller <raimue at ...> writes:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
> >      - Add mkdtemp Tcl command to create temporary directories.
> > (#17181, perry)
>
> Is there anything using this? This is base internal code, so I don't
> think it is reasonable to merge this without merging code which uses it.

I would like to try to use mkdtemp in the muniversal PortGroup.
I can not seem to find a consistent way on all platforms to test if certain
binaries can run on a given platform (e.g. G4 processors can't run ppc64 code).

In the directory created by mkdtemp, I was thinking of compiling a trivial
program and seeing if it ran.

-Marcus