Trac displaying .diff files strangely?

Shreevatsa R shreevatsa.public at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:26:31 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:49 AM, William Siegrist <wsiegrist at apple.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2009, at 6:35 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> Shreevatsa R wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Did something change in Trac recently that makes it show files of some
>>> types differently?
>>>
>>> For example if I look at
>>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/editors/vim/Portfile or
>>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/editors/vim/files/patchlist
>>> I see a proper Trac page with line numbers and colours and the
>>> MacPorts logo at the top and everything, but if I look at
>>>
>>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/editors/vim/files/patch-src_auto_configure.diff
>>> it shows me a bare HTML page. Most importantly, it is missing the link
>>> at the bottom that provides a download in the original format.
>>> Similarly with
>>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/net/pidgin/files/autogen.sh
>>> (shown as a proper Trac page) and
>>>
>>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/net/pidgin/files/gtkdocklet-quartz.diff
>>> (shown as a bare page). (The pattern seems to be ".diff", but I don't
>>> know what to make of it.)
>>
>> Seems fine here.
>>

> Also fine when I view them... Nothing has changed recently for Trac except
> for some server-side caching changes. Do the pages still look wrong to you?
> What browser? Version? OS? etc.

Yes, it still looks wrong to me, both on my (Mac) laptop and using
curl/wget on an unrelated Linux machine over SSH (the source starts
with "<div..."). Both these are within my university (MIT), so I
thought it might be some higher-level cache, but I asked my friend in
Waterloo (Canada) to check and he also sees the same results as I do.
So perhaps it's something to do with Trac's server-side caching after all?

-Shreevatsa