[47216] trunk/dports/science/gwyddion/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 24 03:46:13 PST 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 03:47, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> [...]
>> So it should be safe to remove that entire block. Ideally you
>> would replace it with a check to make sure the user has Xcode 3.1,
>> like this:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/47091
>
> I think Xcode 3.x allows to install the applications to other paths
> than
> /Developer/Applications. Although this might be rare, this check isn't
> error proof for all users. But I don't know a better way to check for
> the Xcode version either.

MacPorts base includes code to check the Xcode version too (at
configure time), and it also checks in /Developer/Applications. I
don't know how to support other Xcode install locations and I'm not
going to spend time now figuring it out. I haven't seen any messages
on the mailing list about problems regarding this, so I guess nobody
using MacPorts installs their Xcode elsewhere.

> The workaround for Xcode 3.0 should not do any harm in Xcode 3.1,
> so it
> should be safe to apply it without checks.

Yes, however I've seen many commits go by already in which the Xcode
3.0 libGL workaround was removed from ports for the reason that it
has been fixed in Xcode 3.1. :-/ I think it is reasonable to require
Xcode 3.1+ on Leopard, 2.4.1+ on Tiger, and 1.5 on Panther. MacPorts
base should do this, however, and not leave it to the portfiles.
#12794 should get resolved.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/12794