Active port install isssue

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Fri Jul 3 23:35:12 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 10:29:01PM -0700, Scott Haneda said:
> Yeah, I do not get this:
> $sudo port -d install p5-mail-spf
>
> Installs clean...
>
> $sudo port -d install p5-mail-spf-query
>
> --->  Activating p5-mail-spf-query @1.999.1_0
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
> /opt/local/bin/spfquery is being used by the active p5-mail-spf port.
> Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate
> p5-mail-spf-query' to force the activation.
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for p5-mail-spf-query):
> org.macports.activate
>
> /opt/local/bin/spfquery is not being used by p5-mail-spf, unless I
> misunderstand what port contents is showing me.  I had a 99% flawless
> install of ASSP and all it's chunks, but this one hitch, and I am
> going to have to add a -f to the install process?

In order for contents to work the port has to be active, which means you
forced p5-mail-spf-query to install right?  That then detached p5-mail-spf
from the conflicting file, so contents doesn't show it any more.  Try
deactivating both, then just activate p5-mail-spf and run contents again.
You should see spfquery.

A quick test here shows p5-mail-spf to install spfquery as well as spfd,
which p5-mail-spf-query also installs but in a different location (bin vs.
sbin).

It would appear these two ports are conflicting with one another (and I note
FreeBSD has tagged them as such [1]) so it seems like they shouldn't be
installed at the same time.  Note that 1.8 will have a way to denote this,
but for now just use one, I'm guessing p5-mail-spf since it has been updated
more recently (though that isn't the most scientific way to decide).

Bryan

[1] - <http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=131896>

[...]