Active port install isssue

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Jul 4 00:10:54 PDT 2009

On Jul 3, 2009, at 11:35 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 10:29:01PM -0700, Scott Haneda said:
>> Yeah, I do not get this:
>> $sudo port -d install p5-mail-spf
>>
>> Installs clean...
>>
>> $sudo port -d install p5-mail-spf-query
>>
>> --->  Activating p5-mail-spf-query @1.999.1_0
>> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
>> /opt/local/bin/spfquery is being used by the active p5-mail-spf port.
>> Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate
>> p5-mail-spf-query' to force the activation.
>> Warning: the following items did not execute (for p5-mail-spf-query):
>> org.macports.activate
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> /opt/local/bin/spfquery is not being used by p5-mail-spf, unless I
>> misunderstand what port contents is showing me.  I had a 99% flawless
>> install of ASSP and all it's chunks, but this one hitch, and I am
>> going to have to add a -f to the install process?
>
> In order for contents to work the port has to be active, which means
> you
> forced p5-mail-spf-query to install right?  That then detached p5-
> mail-spf
> from the conflicting file, so contents doesn't show it any more.  Try
> deactivating both, then just activate p5-mail-spf and run contents
> again.
> You should see spfquery.

I will take your word for it, your explanation below makes sense to me
now.

> A quick test here shows p5-mail-spf to install spfquery as well as
> spfd,
> which p5-mail-spf-query also installs but in a different location
> (bin vs.
> sbin).
>
> It would appear these two ports are conflicting with one another
> (and I note
> FreeBSD has tagged them as such [1]) so it seems like they shouldn't
> be
> installed at the same time.

I can not find reference to this, can you point me to it, it may help
me leverage some of the issues below that I am going to have to bring
up with the ASSP developers.

> Note that 1.8 will have a way to denote this,
> but for now just use one, I'm guessing p5-mail-spf since it has been
> updated
> more recently (though that isn't the most scientific way to decide).

Thank you Brian, I was not aware contents worked that way.  Thanks.
Here is the problem...