GSoC: Mid-term evaluations this week

Dmitry Gorbik enl at macports.org
Mon Jul 13 15:05:26 PDT 2009

Hello all!

Almost all planned ideas connected with logging are implemented. I am
going to
implement  some minor feautures next (versioning of logging format,
timestamps)
and last 2 week spend on writing documentation, testing, entegrating
in the main
  project. Also the output for user may be changed.

What do we have now:
- Separate storage of logs for each port
- Autocleaning logs if keeplogs option in macports.conf is set or by
using
command port clean --logs <port>
- port log command: port log <port> shows log file for port. Also
there are some
filtering options: --stage <stage> and --prefix <prefix>.
Stages are basically "clean", "fetch", "patch" etc, and prefix can be
only "debug",
"msg" and "info".
Likely I am going to expand prefixes to change verbosity.

Logging by stages is done automaticaly, but you can specify stage
directly
by using ui_${stage}_${prefix} command.

And please get a look at it, you can checkout "gsoc09-logging" branch
and test it.

Huge thanks to Bryan, Raim and other macports devs who helped my to
deal with
some problems during the work.

Gorbik Dmitry . Enlightened . enl at macports.org

Gorbik Dmitry . Enlightened . enl at macports.org