macports website

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Jul 13 15:31:01 PDT 2009

We've had a ticket (#20278) come in about the web site once again.
Previously, to our chagrin the XHTML broke in IE7 (#14062).

I'd like to point out that using XHTML was a somewhat divergent path
from HTML.  With the advent of HTML 5, we find ourselves once again
returning to the HTML side of things.

Interested in this transition, I asked wms how to go about instigating
the change.  He directed me to ask you for your thoughts on bringing
the site into HTML 5. So, ticket-filers, hecklers, committers, package
maintainers, admins, and others:  How do you feel about having the
site change forward to HTML 5?