macports website

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Fri Jul 17 14:41:33 PDT 2009

On 2009-07-14 16:13:46 -0400, Kristofer Henriksson wrote:
> As a side note, such divergent error handling makes it a shame that
> there is no debug-type option for error handling to be set in
> browsers, with XHTML-style failure when debugging is enabled and
> silent HTML-style perseverance when disabled.

One problem is that Firefox does not fix HTML errors in the "right"
way (by "right" way, I mean: not expected by the web site developers),
and when I look at a badly-written site with Firefox, it's not obvious
that there's something wrong, or the cause of a problem can be
difficult to track (because the developer uses a different browser and
may not see the problem). At least, with XHTML-style failure, one can
clearly see that there's a problem and one can fix it.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>