Uninstall not updating state file

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri Jul 17 20:36:15 PDT 2009

Using macports from SVN version r53993, which is pretty much up to
date, I get an error if I do

port uninstall foo
port install foo

where foo is any installed port.  The error is

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Registry error: foo
x.y.z_w not registered as installed.

This correct, but irrelevant.  The problem is that the line "target:
org.macports.install" is not being removed from the .macports.foo.state
file by uninstall.  Did this ever work?  I think I remember it working
at some time in the past, but I can't find any place in the macports
source where it tries to remove that line, either in r53993 or r51337
which is the last version I used much.  Does anyone have any idea where
to look for the bug?

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6