[54617] trunk/dports/sysutils

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 31 13:53:19 PDT 2009

These comments apply to the five ports added recently in r54617
(log4shib), r54618 (xercesc3), r54619 (xml-security-c), r54621
(xmltooling), and r54623 (opensaml).

On Jul 30, 2009, at 08:02, snc at macports.org wrote:

> +revision            1

Don't change it now, but keep in mind for the future that the first
revision of any given version of a port should be zero, not one. You
can either write "revision 0" or leave out the revision line altogether.

> +platform darwin 8 {
> +    configure.env-append MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> +    build.env-append MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> +    destroot.env-append MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> +}

MacPorts automatically sets MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to 10.4 on Mac
OS X 10.4 so this block is unnecessary and should be removed.

> +platform darwin 9 {
> +    configure.env-append MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> +    build.env-append MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> +    destroot.env-append MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> +}

The more straightforward way to set MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to 10.4
on Mac OS X 10.5 would be to use

configure.macosx_deployment_target 10.4

But I wanted to ask if it's really necessary to do this. Do all of
these ports really not work with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET set to the
default value of 10.5 on Mac OS X 10.5? They all installed for me
even if I removed this block.