[54617] trunk/dports/sysutils

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Fri Jul 31 17:06:43 PDT 2009

On Jul 31, 2009, at 4:53 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> These comments apply to the five ports added recently in r54617
> (log4shib), r54618 (xercesc3), r54619 (xml-security-c), r54621
> (xmltooling), and r54623 (opensaml).
>
> On Jul 30, 2009, at 08:02, snc at macports.org wrote:
>
>> +revision            1
>
> Don't change it now, but keep in mind for the future that the first
> revision of any given version of a port should be zero, not one. You
> can either write "revision 0" or leave out the revision line
> altogether.

I did this on purpose to give users increased versions from what was
manually installed per the port's homepage install instructions.
Users presently have these portfiles installed manually in a local
tree with revision 1.  By using revision 1 on our own ports that are
presently identical, any updates will result in revision 2 -- allowing
ours to take over upon upgrade.