-d and ui_msg

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jun 3 14:35:20 PDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2009, at 5:26 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>> So not only does assp.cfg not exist, the entire parent directory is
>> not there either.  I do not understand direct versus image mode, I
>> will look to the docs and see what I can get.
>
> In the portfile you linked to, you copy assp.cfg in your post-
> activate (if it doesn't exist) right before you check to see if it
> exists to display the ui_msg.
>
> Since you've just installed the file there (if it wasn't already
> there), it will always exist, and your ui_msg will never get printed.

You could have totally called me an moron for that, thanks for going
easy on me :) Duh, gah.  Ok, I should be able to work around this with
checking for the file earlier, and setting a does_exist flag or
something, unless you have an alternate suggestion that is more
appropriate?

Thanks Daniel, good catch.