-d and ui_msg

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 3 14:45:18 PDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 16:35, Scott Haneda wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>
>> On Jun 3, 2009, at 5:26 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>
>>> So not only does assp.cfg not exist, the entire parent directory
>>> is not there either.  I do not understand direct versus image
>>> mode, I will look to the docs and see what I can get.
>>
>> In the portfile you linked to, you copy assp.cfg in your post-
>> activate (if it doesn't exist) right before you check to see if it
>> exists to display the ui_msg.
>>
>> Since you've just installed the file there (if it wasn't already
>> there), it will always exist, and your ui_msg will never get printed.
>
> You could have totally called me an moron for that, thanks for
> going easy on me :) Duh, gah.

Heh, I didn't see it either. :)

> Ok, I should be able to work around this with checking for the file
> earlier, and setting a does_exist flag or something, unless you
> have an alternate suggestion that is more appropriate?

Can't you just combine the two if statements?

post-activate {
     # The user and group in 'assp.cfg.defaults' was changed, id this
is a new
     # install, copy it to active
     if {![file exists ${assp_base}/assp.cfg]} {
         file copy ${assp_base}/assp.cfg.defaults \
             ${assp_base}/assp.cfg
         ui_msg "

     ASSP has been installed correctly, a startup item has been
installed...

     You can test it now with
     cd ${prefix}/var/ASSP
     ${prefix}/bin/perl assp.pl

     Point your browser to http://127.0.0.1:55555/ -- put anything
you like
     in the username and use the password nospam4me to connect. If
everything
     is working correctly you will see a beautifully formatted
configuration
     screen with all of ASSP's fabulous features spelled out for you in
     painful detail. Simply click the options you want, type a few
     customizations if you like and you're on your way.

     At a minimum you'll want to change values for 'Web Admin Password,'
     'Accept All Mail,' 'Local Domains,' 'Spam Error,' and 'Spam
Addresses.'
     The password for your server is posted in bold on the internet for
     EVERYONE to see, so if you don't change it, you deserve what you
get.
     Also remember to press Enter or click the button at the bottom to
     register your changes - simply clearing a checkbox doesn't send the
     change to ASSP.

     See ${homepage} for more information.