Is it time to start regression testing yet?

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sat Jun 6 17:49:20 PDT 2009

On Jun 6, 2009, at 3:21 PM, C. Florian Ebeling wrote:

> This has also been my view, and I have secretly been working on a
> build server I call Portmill, which polls the svn, and builds every
> port that changes. Results get posted to a web app which presents
> them, together with build logs (tails) for the ones that fail. This
> all is in a reasonably usable state just now, and I have spent the day
> adding a feed and links to trac changesets and such convenience stuff.
> The builds happen on my laptop machine right now, and the web app is
> on a small server slice.

That's really cool - thanks for taking so much initiative on this
one!   Bill has already volunteered MacOSForge resources (which I
endorse) towards creating a "buildbot", the definition for which I'm
sure is open to discussion, so perhaps you and he could work together
in figuring out how to move this over and then take it to the next
level?

Thanks!

- Jordan