Is it time to start regression testing yet?

C. Florian Ebeling florian.ebeling at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 15:04:17 PDT 2009

> That's really cool - thanks for taking so much initiative on this one!
> Bill has already volunteered MacOSForge resources (which I endorse) towards
> creating a "buildbot", the definition for which I'm sure is open to
> discussion, so perhaps you and he could work together in figuring out how to
> move this over and then take it to the next level?

Yes, that sounds really good. Especially a machine for running the
builds on would be helpful. Currently the chroot inventory defined in
mpab is targeted at OS X 10.5 with Xcode 3.1.2. So having that machine
would be a good next step to make this a steadily running service,
even if I have to shut my laptop close to carry it with my someday. ;)

The web app / database can also move to macports servers and domain
(I'd love to see that acatually!), and there it does not really matter
much which kind of OS as long as it's able to run rails apps. It is
build on a CouchDB backend, so that package and Erlang would be
required as well, but those are not tough on requirements either.

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling
Twitter: febeling