creating two launchd items

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun Jun 7 00:43:23 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 09:09:44PM -0700, Bradley Giesbrecht said:

> On Jun 6, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>> I personally enjoy doing the launchd plist and avoid daemondo.
>
> I'm kinda thinking the same thing. There is beginning to be a lot of good
> Launchd examples out there and it's time consuming to try to get daemondo
> to do the same things.

startupitem only handles the one plist, so if you need more than one, you'll
need to create them manually, copy and do any changes on them in
post-destroot (eg, setting of ${prefix} as necessary).

> Is /Library/LaunchDaemons and /Library/LaunchAgents in mtree?

Looks like /Library is considered to be not a violation, so no need for
destroot.violate_mtree.

> If not are you installing your plists from the Portfile and excepting the
> warnings or writing a UI message telling the user to copy the examples
> into place?

You'll need some form of ui_msg since startupitem does handle a similar
thing when used.

Bryan