Is it time to start regression testing yet?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Jun 9 17:07:06 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-09 21:08, Andre Stechert wrote:
> Note that we currently allow users to log crash reports using TRAC --
> an automated build failure notification just makes it easier for the
> user and, if appropriately designed (as Ian said), easier for us too.

Once the logging proposal has been implemented or at least is about to
get finished we can think about a server part which collects reports
(MPWA? Trac plugin?).

> Re "can't catch it", ironically, wouldn't "catch" be exactly what's
> needed on trunk, line 157, of base/src/port1.0/portbuild.tcl,
> analogous to similar invocations in portconfigure.tcl and
> portfetch.tcl?

You mean that command_exec? Actually it is not necessary to catch that
as command_exec itself returns with -code error in case the executed
command returns with a non-zero exit code. I don't know why configure
catches that and throws it again. I assume it has something to do with
the attempt to do localization there, but actually that has not been
done everywhere and mostly just rotted away over the years.

Rainer