Is it time to start regression testing yet?

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Wed Jun 10 00:37:43 PDT 2009

Just one suggestion, as we all pile on Florian's design:  Can we
please try to do our best to resist the temptation of allowing the
perfect to become the enemy of the "good enough?"   I too see a lot of
issues with Florian's portmill system, but I also know that things
tend to evolve rather rapidly once they're pressed into actual
service, so I'm OK with it not being the Be All and End All of build/
test frameworks.  Given the amount of time which has passed without
having anything at all (6 years?), I think we should be willing to
start pretty much anywhere, just so long as we start!

- Jordan