Looking for a portfile review before submitting (rbldnsd)

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Jun 10 18:24:51 PDT 2009

>>> 3) How do the permissions I chose look in the destroot phase?
>>
>> Why is the program incapable of installing itself from --prefix=?
>
> I am not that versed in this stuff.  I run ./configure and it works,
> if I run ./configure with the --prefix is balks at me...
>
> $./configure -help
> configure: configure rbldnsd package.
> Usage: ./configure [options]
> where options are:
> --enable-option, --with-option --
>   enable the named option/feature
> --disable-option, --without-option, --no-option --
>   disable the named option/feature
> --help - print this help and exit
> Optional features (all enabled by default if system supports a
> feature):
>  ipv6 - enable/disable IP version 6 (IPv6) support
>  stats - enable/disable runtime statistics
>  master-dump - enable/disable master-format (bind) dump support (-d
> option)
>  zlib - zlib support
>  dso - dynamic extensions (using shared objects) -- disabled by
> default
>
> $./configure --prefix=/foo
> configure: unknown option `--prefix=/foo'

Wow.  Hand-spun configure file.

Yea, you have it right then.  We cannot use --prefix on configure, and
since i believe you said there is  no makefile previously we'll likely
need to do the xinstalls like you're doing.

However, make sure those ${destroot} get added to the install paths
that are missing them.