downloads.sourceforge.net delivering HTML pages

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 11 01:18:17 PDT 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 23:55, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2009, at 12:39 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> downloads.sourceforge.net is returning an HTML page for anything I
>> try to download from any port. Since downloads.sourceforge.net is
>> the one with the lowest ping most of the time for me, this means a
>> lot of sourceforge ports are failing for me. Is this happening to
>> anybody else? This has been going on for days.
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch ddclient-3.8.0.tar.gz from http://
> downloads.sourceforge.net/ddclient
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
> 100 45893  100 45893    0     0  50488      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--  117k
>
> Melchior:~ snc$ sudo port extract ddclient
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for ddclient
> --->  Extracting ddclient
>
> It is working for me.

Thanks for checking. I had applied this patch locally:

http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/18736/patch-macports-curl-
escape.diff

Turns out it's not just my aesthetic sensibilities that are offended
by the percent-encoding of the periods and dashes; SourceForge
apparently doesn't like it either.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/18736#comment:10

So we need to find a better fix for that ticket.