wxwidgets 2.8.10

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Mon Jun 15 09:47:45 PDT 2009

Ok, you have two issues here (see comments below):

On 15.6.2009, at 18.25, Vincent R. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong mailing list but I have installed
> macports and
> do my first test, I was interested in wxwidgets
> so I have enter
>
> sudo port install wxWidgets-devel
>
> After having downloaded and installed lots of dependencies at then I
> can
> see :--->  Fetching wxWidgets-devel
> --->  Attempting to fetch wxWidgets-2.8.10-rc2.tar.bz2 from
> http://arn.se.distfiles.macports.org/wxWidgets/2.8.10-rc2
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for wxWidgets-devel
> --->  Extracting wxWidgets-devel
> --->  Configuring wxWidgets-devel
> --->  Building wxWidgets-devel
> --->  Staging wxWidgets-devel into destroot
> --->  Installing wxWidgets-devel @2.8.10-rc2_0
> --->  Activating wxWidgets-devel @2.8.10-rc2_0
> --->  Cleaning wxWidgets-devel

We have the ports wxWidgets and wxWidgets-devel. The version numbers
of those differ depending on the rhythm of the corresponding releases.
At the moment the wxWidgets proper is at version 2.8.10, so it could
be wise to install that instead of -devel (that is a previous version
actually, as there are no rc-releases of future versions yet).

> And once it's finished I had a look in /opt/local/lib/wx-devel and I
> can
> see that dynamic lib have 2.8.6 suffix as shown below:
>
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin       30 15 jui 17:12
> libwx_macu_ogl-2.8.6.dylib
> -> libwx_macu_ogl-2.8.6.0.0.dylib
>

> Is it something normal ?
> Shouln't be libwx_xxxxx_2.8.10 ?

This is quite normal, I can assure you I have the same library with
the same numbers in my /opt/local/lib.

> Sorry for my question I am a noob in mac and mac ports ?

As I tend to say while teaching, there are no questions to be sorry
for. If you don't know something you ask!

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386