[52497] trunk/dports/gnome/liboobs/Portfile

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Jun 17 13:45:12 PDT 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 4:25 PM, David Evans wrote:

> The total number of entries in the tree is 2520790 but there are
> only 321 unique ports involved.  Port glib2 alone appears 14023 times.
>
> So there's a lot of overkill going on here.

I'd have to argue that if you can figure out the unique dependencies
then so can MacPorts.  How can that be overkill?  The dependencies
listed in a portfile are up to the maintainer to maintain. If they
don't feel burdened by the extraneous ports -- well, I find figuring
out what's already handled just as bothersome -- it really shouldn't
matter.