[52855] trunk/dports/net/deluge/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Wed Jun 24 11:27:55 PDT 2009

Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2009-6-25 03:22, David Evans wrote:
>
>> nox wrote:
>>
>>> A better fix would be to add a dummy python25 variant to Deluge, which
>>> would ALWAYS be enabled through variant_set.
>>>
>> I don't understand how this would help.  boost +python25 is not an
>> option for deluge -- it is a python application and won't build without
>> that support.
>>

> That is not an argument against this suggestion. It won't work, but
> that's because setting a variant in the port1.0 context doesn't make
> macports1.0 propagate that variant to the dependencies.

You're correct, of course.  I didn't understand what was being suggested.

I was thinking that if I move the check for boost +python25 from
pre-configure to an earlier phase,
say pre-fetch, then the check can be done before dependencies are
checked and I can restore the
dependency.

Will this work?  In particular, will a pre-fetch phase be executed even
if the distribution file has already
been fetched by a previous port invocation?

Dave