[52855] trunk/dports/net/deluge/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Wed Jun 24 11:54:46 PDT 2009

> I was thinking that if I move the check for boost +python25 from
> pre-configure to an earlier phase,
> say pre-fetch, then the check can be done before dependencies are
> checked and I can restore the
> dependency.
>
> Will this work?  In particular, will a pre-fetch phase be executed even
> if the distribution file has already
> been fetched by a previous port invocation?
>
> Dave
No, it doesn't work.  The pre-fetch phase is always executed but in the
case where
boost is not installed already and a dependency on boost exists, then
port attempts to
build the dependency (without +python25, of course) before executing the
pre-fetch phase.

So in this case, its either build boost twice (several hours each time)
or not have a
dependency on boost recorded in the registry.

Yuck!

Dave