[52855] trunk/dports/net/deluge/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Wed Jun 24 14:11:31 PDT 2009

Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2009-6-25 06:44, David Evans wrote:
>
>> Here's the patch that I propose to commit which tests out in the three
>> cases
>>
>>    * no boost installed/active (error)
>>    * boost installed active but no python support (error)
>>    * boost installed active with python support (no error)
>>

> The difference between this patch and my original one, apart from
> pre-fetch vs pre-configure, is that you'll error out even if boost would
> have been installed as a dependency with +python25.
>
> - Josh

I'm probably missing your point.

If boost is installed with +python25 then libboost_python-mt.dylib
exists and neither test does anything -- no error, dependency on boost
remains.

Boost cannot be installed as a dependency by this port (if it is not
installed libboost_python-mt.dylib and libboost_system-mt.dylib do not
exist, the dependency on boost is dropped and port errors out asking
that boost +python25 be installed manually).  This is appropriate
because it is not possible to pass variants to dependencies.

If boost has been installed (either manually or by a dependency a port)
but there is no python25 support then libboost_python-mt.dylib does not
exist
but libboost_system-mt.dylib does, the dependency is dropped and the
port errors out asking to deactivate the existing boost port and
install boost +python25.

What am I missing?  Sorry if I'm being dense.

Dave