[52855] trunk/dports/net/deluge/Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Jun 24 14:38:12 PDT 2009

On 2009-6-25 07:11, David Evans wrote:
> Joshua Root wrote:
>> On 2009-6-25 06:44, David Evans wrote:
>>
>>> Here's the patch that I propose to commit which tests out in the three
>>> cases
>>>
>>>    * no boost installed/active (error)
>>>    * boost installed active but no python support (error)
>>>    * boost installed active with python support (no error)
>>>

>> The difference between this patch and my original one, apart from
>> pre-fetch vs pre-configure, is that you'll error out even if boost would
>> have been installed as a dependency with +python25.
>>
>> - Josh
>>

> I'm probably missing your point.
>
> If boost is installed with +python25 then libboost_python-mt.dylib
> exists and neither test does anything -- no error, dependency on boost
> remains.
>
> Boost cannot be installed as a dependency by this port (if it is not
> installed libboost_python-mt.dylib and libboost_system-mt.dylib do not
> exist, the dependency on boost is dropped and port errors out asking
> that boost +python25 be installed manually).  This is appropriate
> because it is not possible to pass variants to dependencies.
>
> If boost has been installed (either manually or by a dependency a port)
> but there is no python25 support then libboost_python-mt.dylib does not
> exist
> but libboost_system-mt.dylib does, the dependency is dropped and the
> port errors out asking to deactivate the existing boost port and
> install boost +python25.
>
> What am I missing?  Sorry if I'm being dense.

Maybe an example will help. With boost not installed at all, try this
with my patch vs the one you committed:

sudo port install deluge +python25

With mine, boost+python25 will be installed as a dependency, and deluge
will then be installed (all with no manual intervention). With what's in
the tree now, boost will not be installed, and deluge will error out.
Then the user has to install boost manually and run the deluge install
again.

- Josh