Python 3.0 gone?

Rasmus Andersson rasmus at macports.org
Sun Mar 1 18:20:45 PST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 02:31, Bryan Blackburn <blb at macports.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:20:16AM +0100, Rasmus Andersson said:
>> Have Python 3.0 been removed from MacPorts?
>> I can't find any information indicating that is the case, although no
>> py30- ports no longer exist.
>>
>> Anyone care to shed some light on this?
>
> The base py30 modules which are now part of the python30 port (just like
> with python26) were removed in r46202 [1], and I don't think any other py30
> ports have been added as yet.  How many work with 3.0 at this point?
>
> Bryan
>
> [1] - <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/46202>

Thanks Bryan,

I'm adding a py30-port right now and found a bug in the python30 group file:
set python.prefix
${frameworks_dir}/Python.framework/Versions/${python.branch}
which is later used:
destroot.destdir        --prefix=${python.prefix} --root=${destroot}
does not point to the canonical path, but rather the symlink in
PREFIX/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework...

I'm taking the liberty of committing the changes (tested in my local
repository with success)

Earlier I sent from another address and as Google mail work, I missed
the error replies. Here are my other messages:

The main reason for solving this bug is that installing ports in that
group fails with
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Not a directory
(the error occurs post-activation thus you are left with a working port)

Done in [47615]

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/47615