Python 3.0 gone?

Rasmus Andersson rasmus at macports.org
Sun Mar 1 18:23:29 PST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 03:20, Rasmus Andersson <rasmus at macports.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 02:31, Bryan Blackburn <blb at macports.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:20:16AM +0100, Rasmus Andersson said:
>>> Have Python 3.0 been removed from MacPorts?
>>> I can't find any information indicating that is the case, although no
>>> py30- ports no longer exist.
>>>
>>> Anyone care to shed some light on this?
>>
>> The base py30 modules which are now part of the python30 port (just like
>> with python26) were removed in r46202 [1], and I don't think any other py30
>> ports have been added as yet.  How many work with 3.0 at this point?
>>
>> Bryan
>>
>> [1] - <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/46202>
>>

> Thanks Bryan,
>
> I'm adding a py30-port right now and found a bug in the python30 group file:
> set python.prefix
> ${frameworks_dir}/Python.framework/Versions/${python.branch}
> which is later used:
> destroot.destdir        --prefix=${python.prefix} --root=${destroot}
> does not point to the canonical path, but rather the symlink in
> PREFIX/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework...
>
> I'm taking the liberty of committing the changes (tested in my local
> repository with success)

> Earlier I sent from another address and as Google mail work, I missed
> the error replies. Here are my other messages:

> The main reason for solving this bug is that installing ports in that
> group fails with
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Not a directory
> (the error occurs post-activation thus you are left with a working port)

> Done in [47615]
>
> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/47615

Just got an idea:

Did someone change the python30 group to install itself into
prefix/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework... ina an effort to make
some sort of transition? If so, I'm sorry if I messed things up, but I
could not find any information on this so I have to assume it was a
"bug".

--
Rasmus Andersson