Python 3.0 gone?

Rasmus Andersson rasmus at macports.org
Sun Mar 1 20:12:45 PST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 04:42, Bryan Blackburn <blb at macports.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 03:23:29AM +0100, Rasmus Andersson said:
>> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 03:20, Rasmus Andersson <rasmus at macports.org> wrote:
> [...]
>> > The main reason for solving this bug is that installing ports in that
>> > group fails with
>> > Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Not a directory
>> > Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>> > (the error occurs post-activation thus you are left with a working port)

>> > Done in [47615]
>> >
>> > http://trac.macports.org/changeset/47615
>> >

>> Just got an idea:
>>
>> Did someone change the python30 group to install itself into
>> prefix/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework... ina an effort to make
>> some sort of transition? If so, I'm sorry if I messed things up, but I
>> could not find any information on this so I have to assume it was a
>> "bug".
>
> The python26 and python30 ports are now full framework installs, so the
> ${prefix}/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework is the correct location for
> everything; you'll note they do not install anything into ${prefix}/lib
> anymore, so those 'Not a directory' issues should not occur with either of
> them.
>
> python25 could be updated to be the same (and in theory should be) but that
> would require everyone with any py25 ports to uninstall those, upgrade
> python25, then reinstall the py25 ports.
>
> Also, the --no-user-cfg is still present in python30 (that's what
> patch-Lib-distutils-dist.py.diff does), so it should also be kept in the
> python30 group code.

It is not a valid argument in the Python 3.0 I have got from MacPorts.
Was this patched recently? (my installation might be about a month
old)

Gonna test this out more tomorrow – please, be my guest and fix if you
want to. There is a python30 port you can test with: py30-tc

(It's 5 am here and I'm gonna go to work in 3 hours. yikes!)

> Bryan
>

>> --
>> Rasmus Andersson

Rasmus Andersson