Python 3.0 gone?

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun Mar 1 19:42:20 PST 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 03:23:29AM +0100, Rasmus Andersson said:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 03:20, Rasmus Andersson <rasmus at macports.org> wrote:
[...]
> > The main reason for solving this bug is that installing ports in that
> > group fails with
> > Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Not a directory
> > Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
> > (the error occurs post-activation thus you are left with a working port)

> > Done in [47615]
> >
> > http://trac.macports.org/changeset/47615
> >

> Just got an idea:
>
> Did someone change the python30 group to install itself into
> prefix/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework... ina an effort to make
> some sort of transition? If so, I'm sorry if I messed things up, but I
> could not find any information on this so I have to assume it was a
> "bug".

The python26 and python30 ports are now full framework installs, so the
${prefix}/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework is the correct location for
everything; you'll note they do not install anything into ${prefix}/lib
anymore, so those 'Not a directory' issues should not occur with either of
them.

python25 could be updated to be the same (and in theory should be) but that
would require everyone with any py25 ports to uninstall those, upgrade
python25, then reinstall the py25 ports.

Also, the --no-user-cfg is still present in python30 (that's what
patch-Lib-distutils-dist.py.diff does), so it should also be kept in the
python30 group code.

Bryan