trunk and 10.3 support

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 2 03:44:06 PST 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 05:34, Anders F Björklund wrote:

>  Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> Last time this was discussed, the decision was that
>>> MacPorts 1.7.x would support Panther but not 1.8...
>>>
>>> For next release, it should drop 10.3 and add 10.6
>>> At least as far as the DMG disk images go, that is...
>>
>> I don't remember agreeing to drop Panther for MacPorts 1.8.0. :)
>> Do you have a link handy to that discussion?
>
> It was on IRC #MacPorts iirc, might be in the logs somewhere...

Ah! Well I've never been on the MacPorts IRC channel or read its logs.

> Either way, Panther support should be dropped - like Jaguar now ?

MacPorts itself hasn't built on Jaguar in some time. I tried it
awhile ago and kept running into problems. Nobody has complained
about it, that I know of, so I have no problem not supporting Jaguar.
People do still write to the list about Panther problems though.