trunk and 10.3 support

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Mar 2 05:39:50 PST 2009

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2009, at 04:30, Anders F Björklund wrote:
>
>> Last time this was discussed, the decision was that
>> MacPorts 1.7.x would support Panther but not 1.8...

Well, inasmuch as we "support" anything. The default response to Panther
issues is "patches welcome", whereas it's "oh, we should fix that" for
Tiger/Leopard.

>> For next release, it should drop 10.3 and add 10.6
>> At least as far as the DMG disk images go, that is...
>
> I don't remember agreeing to drop Panther for MacPorts 1.8.0. :)

I do. :-)

Sorry, we forgot to tell you, all the *real* decisions are made on IRC. ;-)

Seriously though, it's going to be up to whoever builds the dmgs in the
end. IIRC, reasons given for not building a Panther dmg for 1.8 were
that it confuses the 'supported' status already, and that Snow Leopard
may well be imminent by then.

- Josh