[47804] trunk/dports/devel/cmake/Portfile

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sat Mar 7 15:06:43 PST 2009

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 05:50:09PM -0500, cssdev at mac.com said:
> On Mar 7, 2009, at 4:11 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
[...]
>> Did the maintainer approve this update, or was there a ticket filed to
>> which the maintainer did not respond within 72 hours?
>
> Neither. I've been checking some other build issues with CMake, but I
> would prefer that we follow the procedure of creating tickets, assigning
> them to maintainers, and referencing them in commit messages.
>
> Could we enable the Trac pre-commit-hook[1] that requires commit messages
> to reference open tickets? There have been a number of recent commits to
> ports without references to tickets, and that makes it hard to dig through
> Trac to find the background info for a particular commit. That's annoying
> for ports I maintain, especially without either any contact with me or
> tickets filed in Trac. (There have been some timeouts too, but that's part
> of the process. :)
>
> I think we should require port commits to reference existing, open Trac
> tickets.

For all commits?  That would be horrible, then I'd have to create a ticket
every time I wanted to update my own ports as well.

For other's ports?  Then the hook would need to be smart, checking
maintainers, referencing that against the committer (and some people may use
different accounts), as well as filtering out for openmaintainer...

Considering that all you have to do is revert the commit, verses the amount
of work this would entail for something that really doesn't happen too
frequently, doesn't seem like the best choice.

Bryan