perl5.8 fixup

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Mon Mar 9 18:19:12 PDT 2009

Eric Hall <opendarwin.org at ...> writes:

> 	Given that MP installs (most) modules into vendor_perl,
> I think the order should be:
>
> 	site, vendor, then perl base/core.
>
> 	I like the line(s) you have for showing the directory ordering
> in the patch, I'll incorporate those.
>
> 	I have a diff that does this, still testing.  I may
> have a fix/hack for the man page problem as well, more details
> if it pans out.
>
> 	Why did you have p5-test-simple install into site_perl
> instead of vendor_perl (given that the general default for
> macports p5-* is to install into vendor_perl)?

As far as I know, site_perl is not being used.
Installing into site_perl seems like a convenient way to
keep careful control over these special p5-ports.

Although I do not feel strongly about it, I would still vote for the order
site, perl base/core, vendor.
It seems that the smaller the change, the better.

For what it's worth, it is the way FreeBSD does is
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/perl5.8/).

-Marcus