[MacPorts] #16372: version update request psycopg2 2.0.5.1 --> 2.0.7x

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 11 09:24:42 PDT 2009

MacPorts wrote:
> #16372: version update request psycopg2 2.0.5.1 --> 2.0.7x
> ----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
>  Reporter:  jbusser@…                   |       Owner:  landonf@…
>      Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new
>
> Comment(by snc@…):
>
>  Should the prefix be changed to py24?

This was discussed before, but there is currently no way to rename ports
easily without causing potential problems on the user end. We would not
gain much from such a rename, so better just keep py-*.

As python26 is out now, I would rather see a push to remove python24 and
move ports to use python25/python26.

$ port echo depends:python24 and not 'py-*' |wc -l
      54
$ port echo depends:python25 and not 'py25-*' |wc -l
      73

Still a lot of ports in comparison.

Rainer