Google Summer of Code 2009: Mentors needed!

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 11 10:53:43 PDT 2009

Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> How familiar are they with the languages we use in MacPorts?

Okay, that would be:
  * How much experience do you have with Tcl and C?

In my opinion, having experience with Tcl is a weak criterion. There is
the community bonding period (about 4 weeks) during which students
should introduce themselves on mailing lists and make contact with the
mentor. This phase can also be used to learn Tcl if they already have
experience with scripting languages in general.

In last years applications, most students already included their skills
in programming languages on their own without such a question required
by us.

Rainer