Google Summer of Code 2009: Mentors needed!

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 11 09:30:14 PDT 2009

Rainer Müller wrote:
> MacPorts will apply to be one of the mentoring organizations. The
> students can propose their project ideas to us and we will choose the
> most appealing applications.

For the students application, I added the following additional questions
to be required:

  * What are your experiences with Mac OS X so far?
      (How long do you use it, did you switch from Windows/Linux, etc.)

  * How long do you already use MacPorts?

  * Have you already made contributions to MacPorts?
      (New ports, port updates, etc.)

  * Do you have experience with other package management systems?
      (Gentoo Portage, FreeBSD ports, Debian APT, etc.)

If other mentors are interested in other aspects of the student's
background, let me know and I can add more.

Rainer