Deprecating port list

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Mar 12 12:24:25 PDT 2009

> So you would like to do 'port search' and then copy the results by
> hand
> to another port command?
>
> For more pseudo-port usage, I am running
>  port -v livecheck maintainer:raimue
> on a regular basis to check for updates to any ports I maintain.

I wouldn't necessarily say it was by hand, but I've been doing things
the embarrassing way (not precise as I'm winging this right now, but
it gives you the idea how i've been abusing port):

port destroot `port installed | grep -v following | awk '{print $1}' |
sort -u | tr "\n" " +universal "`

Later to be run with 'pkg' and finally into an 'mpkg pspp' (this was
what I was doing prior to 1.7.0 to make a binary installer for PSPP as
there were errors if you didn't walk ports through destroot, pkg, mpkg).

I periodically find myself still using the other utilities, likely to
come up with the pseudo-ports that I'm unfamiliar with.