Deprecating port list

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Thu Mar 12 14:28:39 PDT 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> That sounds like functionality I would expect from "port search"
>> but I
>> worry that there are some advanced uses that I'm not considering.
>
> So you would like to do 'port search' and then copy the results by
> hand
> to another port command?
>
> For more pseudo-port usage, I am running
>  port -v livecheck maintainer:raimue
> on a regular basis to check for updates to any ports I maintain.

pseudo-ports and echo are becoming my favorite features of port.

It's only by reading this list that I begin to understand how to use
them. The documentation didn't get me very far.

So I thank all of you internal's people who post your port command
usage to this list. It's a big help to me and probably others so I am
encouraging you to keep it up :)

//Brad