Is isysroot useful for non-universal?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Mar 22 15:01:24 PDT 2009

On Mar 22, 2009, at 4:58 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
> Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>> We probalby want to eventually use -nostdinc and -nostdlib plus
>> adding
>> back all of the paths that don't include /usr/local to fix the /usr/
>> local searching issue.
>
> I don't think -nostdlib really does what you assume. It removes the
> standard libraries which are linked, such as the libgcc.a library.
>
> We would have to call it like:
>  gcc -nostdlib ... foo.o bar.o ... $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)
>
> Order matters here, so we can't put libgcc.a at the top. And we don't
> want to patch each gcc call in all Makefiles :-)
>
> The man page does not talk about "standard search paths", so I am not
> even sure this affects -L and -l at all.

oh :-\

I was thinking it was the mirror of -nostdinc (without looking at it
further). -nostdinc isn't useful by itself if we can't also prevent
liking to things in /usr/local/

Looks like ld has -Z which we could perhaps use (and then add back
some of the standard search paths)

Maybe tracemode (or something like it) could be adapted to be on by
default to fix this then?

--
Daniel J. Luke