Is isysroot useful for non-universal?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Mar 22 13:58:55 PDT 2009

Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> We probalby want to eventually use -nostdinc and -nostdlib plus adding
> back all of the paths that don't include /usr/local to fix the /usr/
> local searching issue.

I don't think -nostdlib really does what you assume. It removes the
standard libraries which are linked, such as the libgcc.a library.

We would have to call it like:
  gcc -nostdlib ... foo.o bar.o ... $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)

Order matters here, so we can't put libgcc.a at the top. And we don't
want to patch each gcc call in all Makefiles :-)

The man page does not talk about "standard search paths", so I am not
even sure this affects -L and -l at all.

Rainer